“A lot of people don’t realize that it’s what they are eating that is causing their acne,” affirms Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and owner of the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic. “By changing a few foods that you eat, you can hydrate and improve your skin while avoiding breakouts.”
Here are five foods to avoid when fighting acne:
- Salt. Too much salt can dehydrate your skin, leading to swelling and it makes it more difficult for your skin to heal acne. Nuts are a perfect change. They contain Vitamin E, copper, potassium, calcium and iron to improve your health and skin.
- Bread and Refined Grains. Bread, refined grains and foods that are high-glycemic spike your blood sugar, causing a burst of hormone insulin, which leads to an increase of breakouts and acne. Brown rice is a great alternative, rich in vitamin B and protein. Vitamin B acts a stress fighter and regulates hormone levels.
- Shellfish. Shrimp, crab and lobster are high in iodine, which leads to clogged pores and acne. Instead, try fish, which contains fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 to improve your skin.
- Milk. Dairy products, especially skim milk contains bioavailable hormones, stressing your skin and leading to breakouts. Instead, try broccoli contains health building properties like Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K.
- Alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates your skin, highlighting wrinkles and preventing your skin from healing. Avocados are rich in Vitamin E, reducing skin inflammation and naturally moistures your skin.
“Simple changes in your diet can produce a significant change in your complexion,” affirms Wellman. “It’s a feasible step that anyone and everyone can take to control of your acne.”
Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new full-service skin care clinic located at located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic offers skin care treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including acne, acne rosacea, and aging. The clinic is owned by serial entrepreneur Crystal Wellman, who is a Master Aesthetician and also owns Ladyburg, a handcrafted bath and body store. She is also a certified acne specialist, and is also certified in the areas of oncology, dermaplane, and microdermabrasion. For more information on the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic visit their website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.
About Crystal Clear Acne Clinic
The Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new treatment clinic, located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic is owned by Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and serial entrepreneur. Those who have skin conditions related to acne, rosacea, and aging, among others, will find unique treatment options available at the clinic. The clinic provides individual treatment plans and takes an integrative approach. For more information, visit the website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.